err_spdy_protocol_error is the most common error that the Google Chrome faces. There are various reasons for this error which may interrupt the working of Google Chrome. This error does not affect the other search engines and websites. The word ‘SPDY’ in the error means ‘Speedy’; which means that the error affects the speed of the loading time of the website and hence affect your working time. This error does not only affect your android devices but also you’re iOS as well as your PCs. The most important fact about this error is that it does not affect the other websites and web pages of your operating system. You can navigate through other web browsers like Opera, Safari, or Firefox etc easily.
Reasons for the error err_spdy_protocol_error
Before going forward we actually need to know that what exactly is the error code err_spdy_protocol_error and what are the reasons for the occurrence of this error code? SPDY is actually the protocol of the Google Chrome which is meant for the fast loading of web pages. Error code err_spdy_protocol_error represents the error in the protocol of Google Chrome which prevents you from fast browsing of your website. There are two main reasons for this error which are:
- If your Google Chrome web browser is outdated then you could have this error.
- Your Google Chrome web browser may have this error message due to some antivirus or firewall blocking functions used in your device.
How to fix the error err_spdy_protocol_error
Error fixing is the first thing we have to do when we encounter any error. If you are having the error ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR which is one of the most common errors of Google Chrome, the first thing you have to do is to check your internet connection. Poor internet connection may also lead to the problem which may interrupt your internet navigation. We, are now explaining you some of the most common and simplest ways to fix this problem. These are: –
Update Chrome Web Browser
If you have properly checked your internet connection and there are no issues with that and still your Google Chrome Web Browser is not working properly then you should check out the version of Google Chrome you are using. An outdated version of Google Chrome may interrupt your working. Update your Chrome Web Browser and then try to open your browser again. If still, you are viewing the same error i.e. ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR then you can try other methods of fixing this error.
Check your Antivirus
Error code err_spdy_protocol_error may also arise due to some problem in your antivirus. If you are using Avast Antivirus on your device then you can add the address of the site which is giving this error to the execution list of Avast Antivirus. Avast antivirus helps in fixing this problem just by ignoring the pages which are showing this error. For fixing this error with the help of Avast Antivirus you can just follow the steps given below:
- Go to your Avast Antivirus on your device.
- Click on the Settings option.
- In the Settings option, go to the Active Protection.
- Avail the Web Shield protection by just clicking on the option of Customization.
- Add each website separately to the execution list of antivirus to exclude section.
Clear Chrome Cookies
Sometimes the old data present in your cookies may affect the working of your Google Chrome. So, to remove Chrome Cookies you can just follow the steps given below:
- Open Google Chrome of your device.
- Type the following address in the search bar and hit enter:
It will enable the Settings page of Google Chrome to open in your web browser.
- When the Settings page of Google Chrome gets fully loaded to your device then scroll down to find the Advanced Settings option.
- Click on the option of Advanced Settings.
- Go to the Privacy option and then click on the option of Clear Browsing Data option.
- You will a number of options here, from where select the Cookies, other Site Plug-ins data, cached images and files etc and then click on it to clear the browsing history.
- Select on obliterate the items from beginning till date and then click on the Clear browsing data option to clear all the cookies present in your device.
Flush out SPDY sockets
SPDY sockets may affect the working of Google Chrome web browser. You can easily the old SPDY sockets to remove the error err_spdy_protocol_error from your Google Chrome Web Browser:
- For flushing SPDY from your Chrome browser, open your Google Chrome web browser and then type the following code and then hit enter:
- The page will get opened in a few fractions of seconds. Hit click on the arrow present at the top right corner of this page.
- A drop down menu will open up from where select the option of Flush Sockets and then press the enter button.
Flush the old DNS and Renew IP
DNS may be one of the reasons for showing error code err_spdy_protocol_error. For removing this error from your Google Chrome you can first flush the old DNS and then renew IP of your device. This will allow you to navigate through different sites through your Google Chrome internet web browser smoothly for doing this you can follow the steps given below:
- Flush the old DNS: –
- Open Command Prompt in your device/
- Type ipconfig / flushdns in the command prompt and then press the enter button. This command will enable you to flush the old DNS from your Google Chrome Web Browser.
Renew IP of your device
Once you have successfully flush the old DNS from your device, the next thing you have to do is to renew your IP so that you can run Google Chrome in your web browser smoothly.
- Open Command Prompt in your device.
- Type ipconfig / release in your command prompt and then press the enter button.
- Now type ipconfig / renew in your command prompt and then press the enter button.
- Once done, you have successfully IP address of your device which will enable you to work smoothly on your Chrome web browser.